I’ll be the first to admit I’m not much of a decorator. I like to keep things simple, not too fussy and reusing things from around the house just to save money. I decided to do a little something this year for a change but again staying away from the flashy and overly priced decor. Keep in mind you can dress this up as much as you want 🙂
The idea was to keep it traditional, classic, something that hearkens back to childhood memories. The finger sandwiches (deviled ham, pimento cheese, cream cheese and pineapple) can bring back even the fondest memory from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s while things seemed simpler, easier even, reality said otherwise. Fresh lemonade is the perfect refreshment on a hot summer day whether on a picnic, at a backyard cook out, at the beach or lake. You can add any kind of fruit, the most popular being grapes, watermelon, and strawberries. Anything that doesn’t get mushy in transport is perfect for a 4th of July picnic…oh and don’t forget the cheese puffs 😉
Printed the pennant banner from Botanical Paper Works (click here). It was easy to assemble with a little craft glue and ball of raffia. Let it dry overnight and it was ready to display the next day! Love the vibrant colors!!
Links to free 4th of July printables:
- Bella Grace Party Designs–http://bellagracepartydesigns.blogspot.com/2010/06/free-4th-of-july-printable.html
- Love the Day–http://www.love-the-day.com/lovetheday/wordpress/3-diy-printable-pinwheel-download-and-tutorial/
- The Mother Huddle–http://www.themotherhuddle.com/free-forth-of-july-printables/
Whether you choose to go all out with your decorations or choose to keep it simple you can use any of these accents to help punch up your next picnic or outdoor patriotic barbecue. Have fun with it!!
- Fourth of July Entertaining Ideas (funkedesigns.wordpress.com)
- Fourth of July Round Up (stylemepretty.com)