I have some fond memories of Subway’s meatball subs with lots of cheese and extra sauce, hold the lettuce and tomato. My Mom got me hooked on eating them as a kid and since we don’t frequent fast food joints anymore I’ve had to learn to either go without or make my own.
Monday nights, as you know, have become a grab–n–go night for my Dad and nephew. Last night was their final Shelter in the Time of Storm class and in a pinch I went to the freezer and pulled out a package of meatballs, grabbed some tomato sauce, and a bag of frozen hot dog buns. In less than 10 minutes dinner was ready and being scarfed in record time 😀
Quick and Easy Meatball Sammies
6 hot dog buns or hoagie rolls, warmed up
18 meatballs, homemade or your favorite
1/2 jar spaghetti sauce, or 1 can of tomato sauce + 1 tsp Italian seasoning
Heat up sauce in a pan over medium heat. Thaw or nuke meatballs and add to sauce to warm through completely. Warm up the buns in either microwave or toaster oven.
Carefully open each bun or roll and add a little mozzarella cheese inside, place three warmed meatballs on top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Voila!
Yields: 6 Sammies
This can be easily doubled, tripled, or quadrupled and enjoyed at your next tailgate party, Super Bowl party, kids soccer game, or for those nights when you just don’t have the time cook up a full blown meal. Serve these with your favorite chips, salad, and iced tea!
Back to my writing cave I go! Enjoy 🙂
- Comforting Italian Meatballs (fatsandbird.com)
- Homemade Meatballs (food.com)
- Baked Meatballs Recipe (food.com)
- Aubergines in tomato sauce (a.k.a. melanzane alla parmigiana) (annaandshiv.com)
- Meatball sub. Do it. (beetdown.wordpress.com)
- MLB’s Weekend Recipe: Authentic Italian MeatBall (mojiakubudel.com)
- The Italian Meatball Sub or Spaghetti with Meatballs (thegrecianneworleanian.com)
- Beefy Meatballs with Bucatini Pasta (juliesfamilykitchen.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Macaroni & Cheese with Meatballs (thepinterestedparent.wordpress.com)