Afternoon everyone! I’m loving this more temperate weather, though I’m still waiting for that first hard freeze 🙂 Last night just as I was getting ready for bed I found a spider on the wall behind the lamp. I’m no longer freaked about spiders, unless they are as big as my hand and then all bets are off! There was no good way for me to move the lamp without spooking the spider into retreat so I got out the bug spray and went to town spraying around my nightstand table, under it, under my bed, around my windows, and even in my bathroom where they like to come in at. I’m really tired of my room becoming the “hang out place” for these pesky vermin. Really praying for colder temperatures to arrive soon so I can have a break from them, be nice to not have to check my room every night for some unwanted creepy crawly tenet or spray citronella around my bed to keep the mosquitoes away.
After spraying my room down I slept on the sofa, to allow the poisonous spray to settle down. Fingers crossed my buggy intruder is dead and I can enjoy a more peaceful rest from here on out. Yeah, I’m not a bug fan, you know growing up as the youngest of three sibs I got picked on and teased a lot. I have such fond memories of being chased with bugs by my two older siblings and finally all they had to do was pinch their fingers together, run after me and say “bugga, bugga, bugga”. Fun times.
Since I bunked downstairs in the family room, I woke up earlier than I’m accustomed to, so I decided to make some pancake squares for breakfast. Not low carb, I know, and definitely not alkaline friendly, but hey I like treating my kid every now and then! But, I didn’t want to fix the usual recipe. Wanted to try something new 🙂 I found a recipe on Food.com called Cinnamon Pancakes. I didn’t deviate from the recipe, kept everything the same…except I made squares instead of individual rounds. Very simple and easy to put together! Perfect for any busy school morning.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
4 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butterCombine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
Combine eggs, milk and butter, stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle.
Sprinkle with additional cinnamon (if desired).
Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes.
- Paleo ApfelPfannkuchen (tallgreeneblonde.com)
- Nigella Lawson’s Pancakes (saltnchili.com)
- Buttermilk Banana Pancakes (cassieskitchennyc.com)
- Paleo Pancakes (justyouweightandsee.wordpress.com)
- Apple Protein Pancakes (jackipotter.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Icebox Cafe’s Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Whipped Cream Cheese (seattletimes.com)
- Recipe: Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes (creamstop.com)
- The BEST Protein Pancake Recipe!! (yourcoachalexmorrell.wordpress.com)
- \\ Accidental and Awesome *vegan* Applesauce and Cinnamon Pancakes // (dearemilycaulfield.wordpress.com)
- “P” for Pumpkin Pancakes (afternaptime.wordpress.com)