I can’t say enough good things about this low carb and somewhat alkaline dish. It’s a nice alternative to regular noodles, especially if you can’t have them anymore. I don’t like to over cook mine and like for there to be enough of a crunch to them so it doesn’t feel like I’m eating mush.
Over at A Sweet Pea Chef, you can see just how easy it is to make these zucchini noodles. Granted I prefer mine without the skin but you can leave it on if you like. Just be sure to wash them thoroughly if you decide to leave the skin on.
3 zucchini, washed, and peeled into strips
1/4 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tblsp peanut or coconut oil
2 tomatoes, cut into strips
handful of marinated chicken strips
1/2–1 tsp favorite Italian Seasoning
pinch of salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese, optional
Add the zucchini noodles, chopped onions, minced garlic and marinated chicken strips into a large saute pan with peanut or coconut oil.
I like the flavor of the Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic seasoning. Add it, the pinch of salt and pepper to the pan. Give a little stir and let this cook down for 5–10 minutes.
Before serving, add in the strips of tomato and cook just to take the chill of the tomato.
Parmesan cheese is optional, but there you have it. In about 15 minutes you’ll have a delicious low carb meal, you can serve this us with gluten free low carb garlic bread and salad on the side.
- Being bad and zucchini spaghetti with bacon and peas (sproutsandstilton.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini Lasanga (drinkthepink.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini Noodles (izzylifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Two New Ways to Fall In Love With Zucchini (enjoythisorganiclife.com)
- Zucchini pasta strips (healthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Breaking Up With Pasta and Rice (girlwithalakeview.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini pasta (itsrainingflamingosandfoxes.com)
- Zucchini and Ground Beef (unspokencures.com)