I tell y’all what, you all certainly keep me on my toes 🙂 Last night just as I was having trouble going to sleep my ipod dinged with an update on my WordPress app. To my surprise, which kept me awake a bit longer hehe, I discovered that I was nominated for a Shine On Award!
Jhuls over at thenotsocreativecook blog was so gracious to think of my humble blog and nominate it for this sweet award 🙂 Jhuls has so many fabulous and tasty recipes, one that has been tempting me for a while now are the Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies which I am finally going to make for Valentine’s Day this year!
One of the requirements of this award is to share seven random things about myself. So here goes!
- I love Samba dancing even though I only do it at home 🙂 I’m not a great dancer but it’s the one style that I don’t mind gettin’ jiggy with!
- I always go to sleep on my left side to help keep my stomach acids down. This has helped me for months now, no more sleeping upright or munching on antacids before bedtime.
- My ipod is my alarm clock and I have to listen to soft music to help me sleep. Mostly mellow cello and mellow piano through the Songza app.
- My favorite bad snack, that I haven’t had in YEARS, would be Sun Drop soda and funyuns!
- I’m terrible at making rice. Every time I do it it’s not fluffy but gummy,perfect for eating with chop sticks lol…been looking at rice steamers for a while now. It’s going on my 2014 Christmas list 🙂
- I love psychotic and thriller movies, I love the suspense and hate the chasing scenes. One movie that still gets to me is The Strangers. That sensation that someone could be behind you watching you and you turn around to see that no one is there…freaky! We have a glass paned back door that I can’t wait to change to a solid door. If you’ve seen that movie you’ll understand why!
- I love listening to Christmas music through out the year. Mostly instrumental classical versions though.
And now, for the nominees… Congratulations to:
‘Shine On’ Award rules:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
- Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the ‘Shine On’ Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
Congrats to all nominees and a hearty thanks to everyone for following the Night Owl Kitchen Blog! Thanks again to Jhuls for the nomination 🙂
Have a blessed morning!