I’m just now finding the time to share this 🙂 Thank you so much Jhuls, over at The Not So Creative Cook, for nominating me 🙂 It’s such an honor to be recognized and for this little blog to get noticed. Often times I feel like a tiny speck in this gigantic world of amazing bloggers, that I feel like I’m barely getting out there, but it’s times like this that I’m so happy to be proven wrong!
Here are my questions for the nominees if you’d love to participate:
1) What food/ingredient(s) you always make sure you have? I always make sure I have salt and pepper. They are essential to every savory dish I’ve ever made!
2) What is your signature dish? Eggplant Parmesan, I’ve been making it at least once a year now for 13 years and it gets better every time!
3) What is you favorite breakfast food? I love croissants and cheese danishes.
4) What is/are your other interest/s aside from cooking and baking? I enjoy finger knitting and loom knitting
5) If I ask your friends to describe you in one phrase, what do you think they will tell me? Straight forward, honest, understanding, loyal, loving, entertaining, dependable, unforgettable.
6) What is the first thing you’ve cooked and baked? The first the I ever baked (unsupervised) were some sugar cookies from scratch. I felt confident in myself to do it while my Mom was at work. An hour later I remembered they were in the oven. Yep. Never did that again lol
7) What is you favorite thing from your kitchen? Okay, you can name three. Without a doubt it would be my meat tenderizer! I absolutely love that simple tool, makes the best fried boneless chicken ever! I can’t live without my food processor and hand mixer. Both have been used for so many of the Night Owl Kitchen recipes 🙂
8) What is the latest thing you bought for your kitchen? The meat tenderizer.
9) Who inspired you to make your blog? My Mom, Memaw and all the amazing home cooks in my family! Without I wouldn’t have the knowledge that I do now, the wonderful recipes to share with everyone, or fond memories to pass on to my son.
10) Any advice to other new bloggers? I’m sure others have already voiced this, but just have fun. If you’re not enjoying ever aspect of blogging then the experience isn’t going to last for you. Also, don’t get hung up in the numbers. It’s not about how many people see your content every day but that those who are reading it are enjoying it and getting something out of it. That’s not to say you shouldn’t try you best to reach as many as you can, but blogging is so much more than just visitors and views. Good luck on your blogging journey 🙂
- Link to the person who nominated you
- Answer their questions
- Nominate new blogs for the award
- Ask them 10 new questions
- Let the nominees know they have been nominated
- The Dude With A Blog
- Project Light to Life
- Lady Melady: My Castle, My Food
- Gayle Mullen Pace
- Eat Great, Be Great
- Barren & Unemployed
- Little Bliss Book
- What Jessica Baked Next
- Homestead Dad
My questions to you:
- What is the inspiration behind your blog?
- What makes your blog standout from the rest?
- What’s your favorite dessert(don’t hold back now)?
- Name three things that interests you other than what you post about on your blog.
- What can you absolutely not live without?
- Where would you love to travel to and stay for a month?
- If money were no object, what kind of good would you do for others?
- What charity do you support financially or in spirit?
- If you could have a sit down dinner with anyone in history(living or dead) who would it be and why?
- Any advice for new bloggers?