Ok, third times a charm right?! I was originally going to do a post about how plastic containers are making us fat, it was basically going to be a long boring article. Bottom line…use glass or stainless steel containers to store your foods. Here’s a link that talks about it, it’s the 4th Health Risk if you want to know more.
I was going to then write about my issues with morbid obesity. Another long and boring post. We get it, PCOS +Weigh Gain goes hand in hand.
I’m going to give you all a challenge. Instead of focusing on personal struggles, which I know we all have our fair share of them, I challenge you all to be a drop in someone’s life today. A drop creates a ripple effect, how can you be a drop in someone’s life?
- Share kind word
- Send an encouraging text
- Surprise someone with a cup of coffee and spend time catching up with them
- Do something that is going to make someone else smile.
- Pay it forward to someone behind you in the grocery store or the drive thru
- Randomly offer a hug to a stranger who is standing next to you at a crosswalk.
- Stand in the middle of the park and with everything inside you begin singing Amazing Grace.
- Bring someone a flower, card, or favorite candy.
- Surprise someone with a gift card to their favorite store.
- Make weekend plans(and keep them).
- Get together for dinner and bring a surprise dessert or pick up the check!
Because by doing something for someone else it will help you as well! The days when I can send a message out to a friend and it makes them laugh or smile it actually boosts my mood as well! It’s so easy to let depression take over, to feel sorry for ourselves and think everything is out to work against us.
When we take our eyes off of ourselves and focus on loving our neighbor(s) we will receive a bigger blessing than we could ever begin to imagine!
- Who can you bless today?
- Who can you make smile?
- Who can you share a laugh with?
- Who needs a hug?