Good morning everyone! Today’s post should be fun! ☺️ 20 facts about me, nothing security related but things that most people could only guess and get wrong. How many of us can accurately say we know 20 things about our closest friend? Probably not many and even I would fail miserably. So here goes…
1) Any nicknames? Growing up my mom used to call me Amanda panda. In my teen years certain friends would call me Manda Jo, and my Great Uncle Moon(RIP) was the only one to ever call me Mandi.
2) Eye Color? Hazel green or chameleon eyes. They tend to change with whatever I’m wearing. Rather cool!
3) Hair Color? Originally it was dark brown with natural red highlights. I was the closest thing to a redhead that my parents had. And then I started going gray at 15. Now I’m a salt & pepper head. 😉
4) Favorite Color? Teal and the various shades thereof. I love wearing it in support of me and my PCOS Cysters. (Reminder: September is PCOS Awareness Month)
5) Favorite Place: Yankton, SD. Went there on a youth mission trip and absolutely loved it! Gorgeous scenery, the weather was perfect even for the summer. I could easily live there!
6) Favorite Celebrity? Ryan Reynolds. Enough said. (Call me sometime 😉)
7) Favorite Animal? Pit bulls hands down. We have pit/lab mix and because of him I am completely won over. And sloths have a special place tucked away in my heart as well!
8) Favorite Song? I don’t have just one, I have lots! Off the top of my head Cass Elliot’s version of “Dream a Little Dream of Me.” Love her voice!
9) Favorite Book? Sense & Sensibility hit close to home during my teen years. At the time I had a crush on someone and was too sensible to tell him right away. Once I did though, I lost him as a friend. I still love that book to this day among so many others!
10) Favorite flower? Variegated tulips, especially red and white. Not a fan of roses, they’re ok.
11) Chocolate? No. I’m not a chocolate fan. Shocking since I bake a lot with chocolate, thing is I make that stuff mostly for the family. The only time I crave chocolate is during my monthly cycle. Any other time, no thanks. I know, I’m a disgrace to my sex.
12) Favorite holiday? Hands down Christmas. I like getting the Christmas tree up before Halloween, weird I know. 🎄145 Days till Christmas🎄
13) Dream vacation? Well it’s not the beach. I have said for years, since 1998, that I would love to go up to Maine, stay in a B&B for a few days and then take a ferry up to PEI. I love the Anne of Green Gables series and it would be a DREAM to visit “Avonlea” or Cavendish.
14) Favorite Movie? Like the music it’s tough to pick just one for I am a movie hound! Everything from old classics to a few new releases. For a chick flick night I always like watching The Proposal. Seriously, Ryan…call me 😉 LOL!!!
15) OCD? Absolutely, but not about everything. After I became a parent I had to learn that it was ok to not have everything a certain way. Kids are unpredictable. When you’re child is a climber and makes a mess every few seconds you have to learn, for your own sanity, to not worry about every single little thing. Now I’m only OCD when it comes to how I clean, how I organize things, the way I shop, and if I start writing in a notebook with say a black pen then I will only use a black pen for that notebook. Same for journals, doesn’t matter color pen or pencil I use. Whatever I start with that’s what I have to finish with. 🤷🏻♀️
16) Allergies? Lactose intolerant and mosquitoes. The LI has been since I was pregnant and my allergy to mosquitoes has been fairly recent, since 2011. I’ve learned how to pretty much reduce my dairy intake, not that I like to but it’s necessary. As for the mosquitoes, I had to give up outdoor activities such as gardening and playing outside with G-Man. Every time I get a bite it swells up into a welt, burns like it’s on fire, and if I have too many at once it’s almost anaphylactic. To get any relief I have to take an antihistamine. Fun. 😒 So any outdoor gatherings from Spring till a hard freeze hits I am indoors. Have had to miss out on a lot of activities and functions simply because showing up in a bubble would be too weird.
17) Musical Instrument? I played the flute back in Jr. High and High School. I was a bank geek that then turned into an orchestra geek. After my pregnancy I picked up the Irish Tin Whistle again and play purely for fun. No gigs or tour dates are set any time soon. 😉
18) Art Skills? I love crafting of any kind. Mostly paper crafting, I have dabbled in painting, jewelry making, and scrapbooking. Several years ago I started painting my own Christmas village. Haven’t picked it up again but would like to.
19) Coffee or Tea? Always coffee. I’ll drink unsweetened iced tea, but coffee is life! 😜
20) Donut? Fresh sour cream cake donut from Dunkin’ Donuts. I could easily eat my weight in them…probably have…😬
So that’s me! A few fun facts and favorites! I hope you all have a spectacular Thursday, share your smile with someone who doesn’t have one and enjoy a donut for me!