This week Dad brought home four very full plastic bags of homegrown apples that he got from a coworker. Once I doled them out into other bags during inspection we wound up having seven bags of apples. In other words, we’ve had a very busy two days. Slow cooking more apple butter for 16 hours, and the rest of the apples will become apple sauce a bit later. Below is our apple invasion from the first wave of attack 😉
Using an apple peeler, it worked ok but eventually we had to break out the vegetable peeler and pairing knives.
The second wave of apples, even the scarecrow wasn’t safe 🙂
It’s been a fun couple of days but I’m going to be so happy when I don’t have to look at another apple for a while.
Related Articles with Apple Recipes:
More Related articles
- Tasty Homemade Apple Turnovers (therealkk.wordpress.com)
- Grandma Charlene’s Pink Applesauce (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Apple Butter and Applesauce (amykradford.wordpress.com)
- Skillet Caramel Apples (theinvoluntaryhousewife.com)
- Homemade Applesauce, Apple Dumplings and Apple Pie (lavendercreekhomestead.com)
- Making applesauce in the breadmaker (foodbod.wordpress.com)
- Apples, apples and more apples (lucindalines.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Unsweetened-But-Sweet-Enough Applesauce (faulkfarmstead.com)