Thank you all for helping the NOK Blog reach 1,000 Likes!!! Seriously could not have made it without you 🙂
I’m just now finding the time to share this 🙂 Thank you so much Jhuls, over at The Not So Creative Cook, for nominating me 🙂 It’s such an honor to be recognized and for this little blog to get noticed. Often times I feel like a tiny speck in this gigantic world of amazing bloggers, that I feel like I’m barely getting out there, but it’s times like this that I’m so happy to be proven wrong!
Here are my questions for the nominees if you’d love to participate:
1) What food/ingredient(s) you always make sure you have? I always make sure I have salt and pepper. They are essential to every savory dish I’ve ever made!
2) What is your signature dish? Eggplant Parmesan, I’ve been making it at least once a year now for 13 years and it gets better every time!
3) What is you favorite breakfast food? I love croissants and cheese danishes.
4) What is/are your other interest/s aside from cooking and baking? I enjoy finger knitting and loom knitting
5) If I ask your friends to describe you in one phrase, what do you think they will tell me? Straight forward, honest, understanding, loyal, loving, entertaining, dependable, unforgettable.
6) What is the first thing you’ve cooked and baked? The first the I ever baked (unsupervised) were some sugar cookies from scratch. I felt confident in myself to do it while my Mom was at work. An hour later I remembered they were in the oven. Yep. Never did that again lol
7) What is you favorite thing from your kitchen? Okay, you can name three. Without a doubt it would be my meat tenderizer! I absolutely love that simple tool, makes the best fried boneless chicken ever! I can’t live without my food processor and hand mixer. Both have been used for so many of the Night Owl Kitchen recipes 🙂
8) What is the latest thing you bought for your kitchen? The meat tenderizer.
9) Who inspired you to make your blog? My Mom, Memaw and all the amazing home cooks in my family! Without I wouldn’t have the knowledge that I do now, the wonderful recipes to share with everyone, or fond memories to pass on to my son.
10) Any advice to other new bloggers? I’m sure others have already voiced this, but just have fun. If you’re not enjoying ever aspect of blogging then the experience isn’t going to last for you. Also, don’t get hung up in the numbers. It’s not about how many people see your content every day but that those who are reading it are enjoying it and getting something out of it. That’s not to say you shouldn’t try you best to reach as many as you can, but blogging is so much more than just visitors and views. Good luck on your blogging journey 🙂
- Link to the person who nominated you
- Answer their questions
- Nominate new blogs for the award
- Ask them 10 new questions
- Let the nominees know they have been nominated
- The Dude With A Blog
- Project Light to Life
- Lady Melady: My Castle, My Food
- Gayle Mullen Pace
- Eat Great, Be Great
- Barren & Unemployed
- Little Bliss Book
- What Jessica Baked Next
- Homestead Dad
My questions to you:
- What is the inspiration behind your blog?
- What makes your blog standout from the rest?
- What’s your favorite dessert(don’t hold back now)?
- Name three things that interests you other than what you post about on your blog.
- What can you absolutely not live without?
- Where would you love to travel to and stay for a month?
- If money were no object, what kind of good would you do for others?
- What charity do you support financially or in spirit?
- If you could have a sit down dinner with anyone in history(living or dead) who would it be and why?
- Any advice for new bloggers?
I tell y’all what, you all certainly keep me on my toes 🙂 Last night just as I was having trouble going to sleep my ipod dinged with an update on my WordPress app. To my surprise, which kept me awake a bit longer hehe, I discovered that I was nominated for a Shine On Award!
Jhuls over at thenotsocreativecook blog was so gracious to think of my humble blog and nominate it for this sweet award 🙂 Jhuls has so many fabulous and tasty recipes, one that has been tempting me for a while now are the Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies which I am finally going to make for Valentine’s Day this year!
One of the requirements of this award is to share seven random things about myself. So here goes!
- I love Samba dancing even though I only do it at home 🙂 I’m not a great dancer but it’s the one style that I don’t mind gettin’ jiggy with!
- I always go to sleep on my left side to help keep my stomach acids down. This has helped me for months now, no more sleeping upright or munching on antacids before bedtime.
- My ipod is my alarm clock and I have to listen to soft music to help me sleep. Mostly mellow cello and mellow piano through the Songza app.
- My favorite bad snack, that I haven’t had in YEARS, would be Sun Drop soda and funyuns!
- I’m terrible at making rice. Every time I do it it’s not fluffy but gummy,perfect for eating with chop sticks lol…been looking at rice steamers for a while now. It’s going on my 2014 Christmas list 🙂
- I love psychotic and thriller movies, I love the suspense and hate the chasing scenes. One movie that still gets to me is The Strangers. That sensation that someone could be behind you watching you and you turn around to see that no one is there…freaky! We have a glass paned back door that I can’t wait to change to a solid door. If you’ve seen that movie you’ll understand why!
- I love listening to Christmas music through out the year. Mostly instrumental classical versions though.
And now, for the nominees… Congratulations to:
‘Shine On’ Award rules:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
- Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the ‘Shine On’ Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
Congrats to all nominees and a hearty thanks to everyone for following the Night Owl Kitchen Blog! Thanks again to Jhuls for the nomination 🙂
Have a blessed morning!
I was nominated by Satoya Foster for the Sunshine Award.
“This is an award that goes to writers who brighten other people’s day.”
The rules are:
- Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post
- Link to the blogger who nominated you
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
Here are my answers to Satoya Foster’s 10 questions:
- Why do you blog?
I’ve always enjoyed writing, but my passion is cooking and I want to help others to see just how easy and enjoyable cooking can actually be. It doesn’t always take everything in the pantry to make a tasty meal or dessert for your family or friends!
- If you had one clothing item that you had to wear for a month, what would it be?
My sweater! I get cold easily, even in the summer time, so I usually keep something with me in case I get chilly.
- What is a song you love that would surprise your friends?
Colour of My Love by Celine Dion. I’m not so certain it would surprise my friends, well perhaps a few 🙂
- Are you a coffee or a tea drinker?
I used to be a big coffee drinker, but after suffering from what I could assume was a stomach ulcer, I had to give up coffee. I now drink mostly water or alkaline lemonade. It has cleared up my stomach issues. I do miss it occasionally but not enough to go back to it.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I’ll be honest, at first I wasn’t really into it. I struggle with expressing myself where people can understand my words, it’s not my strength. Often times I second guess how I’ve worded something or will completely delete an entire section from a post because I don’t feel like it’s pertinent. Over the last few months I’ve been able to glean a lot from fellow bloggers in learning how to hone my writing style. It’s made the blogging experience a bit more enjoyable for me. I do like being able to encourage others, simplifying something so that someone else will have the confidence to try something new and feel like they too can cook! I guess that’s my favorite thing 🙂 Being able to help folks!
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
PIZZA!! If there has been anything I miss the most since going low carb/alkaline is pizza. Thick crust and lots of cheesy toppings! Love it cold from the fridge the next day 🙂
- What are 3 things that you love about yourself?
- My willingness to try something new, at least once.
- Being bold enough to meet new people, which can be uncomfortable for this introvert!
- My twisted humor 😉
- Do you ever dance or sing in public?
I used to sing in front of church when I was younger, but not anymore. And I’ve never danced out in public.
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
So hard for me to choose because I love so many! I do love Arsenic and Old Lace, enjoy it both as a play and a movie!
- If you had unlimited money to purchase ONE item, what would it be?
An underground house for my parents.
I nominate (in no particular order):
- Dinner of Herbs — Love her recipes, they’re healthy without sacrificing any flavor!
- Gluten Free Gus — Such an inspirational blog about a mother’s love and dedication in taking charge of her son’s dietary needs and making sure he has safe food for years to come!
- Keeping My Eye On The Sparrow — His pictures are inspiring, giving me a new way to look at things.
- Healthy and True — A yummy blog full of deliciously healthy pictures, simple recipes and nothing complicated.
- Melady Cooks — A fun site full of tantalizing recipes!
- The Kiss of Joy –– Great blog of inspiration
- UK Crochet Patterns — I love how she makes crocheting look so easy 🙂
Love, Marriage, Still No Baby Carriage — A touching blog of a precious couple and their struggle to conceiving a child.
- A Lot On Your Plate — Neat organizational tips, recipes, crafts, and so much more!!
- Topic Spill — Love keeping up with her recipes, beauty tips, and DIY tips!
My questions for you all are:
- Why do you blog?
- What are some of your hobbies?
- What’s your favorite creative activity?
- What is your favorite dish to cook or bake?
- What is one positive thing that blogging has brought to your life?
- What makes you most excited about fall?
- Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Why?
- If you could go anywhere, where would it be?
- What’s your favorite weekend activity?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- The Sunshine Award (dragonflybeautyreviews.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine Award (morefoodpls.wordpress.com)
- The Sunshine Award (thelittlescottishcorner.wordpress.com)
- Blogger Awards – Inner Peace & Sunshine Awards (entertainmentstarters.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine Award! (movingmommy.com)
- The Sunshine Award (jenniferwindram.com)
- Awards: Sunshine Award (alexraphael.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine award! (janetennet.wordpress.com)