Sorry so quiet today folks, just a lot going on 🙂 I didn’t forget my promise to share my marinade recipe. I use this for chicken, it’s flavorful and the chicken remains tender with each meal.
Rosemary Thyme Marinade
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup peanut oil
1 tsp garlic powder (or 3 cloves minced)
2 tsp dried minced onion
1 tsp each salt and pepper
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
Place into a jar with secure lid and shake.
Very simple, I normally don’t shake this up in a jar. I just place it in the bag with the thawed chicken and mush it around before placing in the fridge overnight. Makes for easy clean up, I did the jar for today’s sake 🙂 Today I’m going to slice the chicken into tender strips and add this marinade on it, cook it up tomorrow after school and have it for lunches or dinners this week.
You can definitely sweeten this up with some light brown sugar or honey if you prefer or add a little heat with cayenne pepper flakes. Making this into lemon pepper chicken is very doable too! Add a little lemon zest to help punch up the lemon flavor. Play with the seasonings and spices, mix things up! Happy eating 🙂
- Easy Tangy Citrus Chicken (theomnivorechronicles.wordpress.com)
- ~Healthy Marinade~ (kouzounaskitchen.com)
- Grilled Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary (chefceaser.wordpress.com)
- Clean Eating Spicy Chicken Thighs (nycfitfoodfashion.com)
- List Of The Healthiest Spices (thesurvivalplaceblog.com)
- Lemon Chicken Salad (technoshape.wordpress.com)